Full Management Service
Being a good landlord isn’t as easy as it sounds.
Firstly, you need to understand and meet your legal obligations to provide a safe and well maintained property. Secondly, you need to work in harmony with your tenant, being available to take their calls and manage the resulting administration or co-ordination of maintenance contractors.
It all takes time and effort, and can sometimes be a cause for conflict. Indeed, more and more tenants are now looking to live in properties which are managed by a letting agent as it allows a more professional service for both parties.
Many landlords find it difficult to carry out regular inspections as they don’t wish to ‘impose’ on their tenants. In our experience, we have found that regular inspections help encourage tenants to care for the property better and pay their rent on time. Another area of management that landlords find difficult is the checkout inspection which can be a cause for conflict and the fall-out exceptionally time-consuming. If you worry about inspections, you should consider our management service.
Our Full Management service includes rent collection, administration as well as assistance with more complex issues. We also have a 24-hour emergency helpline and easy access to specialist legal advice, should this be required.
- regular inspections. We’ll conduct regular inspections of your property to ensure your tenant is fulfilling their obligations. The first takes place six weeks after the tenant moves in, then quarterly thereafter. We provide a report after each inspection, highlighting any issues or recommendations. If we have any concerns about the tenancy, we issue a warning and increase the frequency of the inspections until we are happy they are back on track.
- liaison between you and your tenant so any issues are resolved quickly and professionally.
- co-ordination of high quality and cost-effective maintenance work. As a landlord you have an obligation to provide a safe and well maintained property. We’ll help you do so by ensuring you’re aware of work that needs doing. We’ll also work with local contractors to co-ordinate the work on your behalf, if required.
- management of rent collection. Our computer systems allow us to spot rent arrears from day one. Strict in-house systems begin the process of contact with the tenant and warning letters leading up to, if necessary, notices for possession.
- inventory and checkout/dilapidation reports, plus follow-up dispute management.